Monday, September 5, 2011

The Reveal

I am having gastric bypass surgery. There. I said it.

I've been wanting to tell people for a while now but at the same time I haven't wanted to. "You need to tell people so you can have support" is what my mom tells me when I get mad at her for telling someone, but I don't think she gets it completely. I don't think anyone will unless they're fat and having a life-altering surgery. (p.s. I'm writing this now because I'm STARVING! lol)

Everyone asks me if I'm excited, um yeah I'm excited, but I'm also apprehensive because of everything that I'll actually be going through after the surgery. It's not just a snip snip, don't eat as much you'll be skinny everything is good kind of thing I'm going through. I'm working my ass off right now with just getting READY to have the surgery! Which by the way is Sept 15th.

I'm on a 600 calorie diet for 2 weeks, today is day 5, to shink my liver for the surgery and I have to cut as many carbs as possible. Which means I've been eating salsa out of a bowl just to be able to eat something hahaha! Today for dinner I got to have 3 honey barbeque wings from BWW, I was so excited it was ridiculous, then I had a bowl of cereal because 1 wing is 88 calories.. I totally indulged myself by eating 3. I made sure I woke up late so I didn't eat breakfast and for lunch had 1 egg a few black berries and a string cheese stick.

I'm also supposed to be walking/exercising, I walked for an hour at an average 3mph and took like 4000 something steps. I'm not out of shape, I did it and I felt fine afterwards, not out of breath or anything, which is good.

So far that's my journey. And it hasn't even started yet.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had known earlier! I will keep an eye on your posts to see how things transpire! And you got it girl...blogging is good for the soul....I used to keep a diary ages ago and it kept me sane. (now I hear ya...SO THAT IS WHY YOU ARE INSANE NOW!!!!!) I have considered by-pass or lapband, but it scares the hell out of me. Not just the freaking COST...but the change in your life. I think it may be easier for you, as you are younger and single. No...really. I have someone here that sabotages my every attempt at changing my food ways. And it is not my inner me either. Keep strong!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Frenzied Comment