Meanwhile as the blizzard raged on I couldn't help wondering about my buddy Barnaby and hope to God that he was still alive since it was below zero out. Have no fear, as we were later digging ourselves out on Sunday, (since the plows didn't get to us until late afternoon which was AFTER we got stuck!) he was spotted running around, probably in search for food. Two pieces of bologna, one hot dog and a bowl of kibble later he was fed and on his way again the drifter he is.
All in all it was a decent weekend for having been snowed in the majority of it.
And on a related note, why don't people play board games anymore? I pulled out a few games and played with my brother, sister, and across the street neighbor kids all day Sunday. Who knew a cardboard square colorfully decorated and a few metal pieces could entertain people so much!
As much as I hate to do this I just need to BITCH IT OUT!
Where I work I come across all kinds of things that irritate me. Right now there are just a few things that are on my chest..
- Reusable bags means they can ALSO be WASHED! It amazes me how many dirty bags I have to touch in a day that have stains from God know what from who knows how long ago! Why would you want your new groceries to be in that filth especially when you're putting vegetables in there that aren't in bag? Anyway, wash your bags!
- I've heard that a million times, honestly. I beg you not to come up to your cashier and say "You look like you need something to do", "You look bored", or any variation of such. It just gets old, and it's not funny, for all you know this is the first break in customers I've had the past 8 hours. Not a big deal but definitely annoying after awhile.
- "Are you open?" I am HUGE on deductive reasoning and if I have my register light on, if I've waved you over, if I'm standing there smiling and just turned on my conveyer belt, and you come up to me and ask me this.. I swear one of these days I'm going to snap.
- (the last one!) "Hi! How are you?" "I want paper." I always try my best to be happy and I always try my hardest to greet every one of my customers like they're the first person I've ever helped in my life. But when I greet you and ask how you are and you either reply with a demand or don't reply at all it drives me nuts.
Sorry for such a long post, I figure it was ok since I skipped posting a few days.
Love.
hahahah. i love it. when i worked at target, old ladies were the PITS. i always tried so hard to be nice, but it is difficult when people give you every reason to reach out and smack them in the head.
ReplyDeletetotally feel your pain.
Just discovered your blog. I could add a few more things to the rant (uh Bitch) section! As I have worked longer, I have LOTS.
ReplyDelete